A FOLLOWER OF BILL CATES
I have been a friend of Bill Gates for a long time. I knew him when he was a student at Harvard University. We were surprised when he left University to set up his own company "Microsoft" and make his own software. But he was the clever one! He is very good at writing computer languages and almost all computers now use Microsoft software. The program "Word" is used fromBritain to China! Of course he has made a lot of money and that makes people very jealous . They want to stop his success. Even the government is against him and has tried to break his company into two parts. They say that he is unfair to other people who want to sell similar software. Because he fits his new software free in every new computer, the government says he is stopping other companies from selling their programs. This is not fair. Everyone should be able to do what they can to make their company bigger. Bill Gates has only done what he can to stop other competitors. He is very rich, but he is generous. He has given millions of dollars to help the education and health of many children around the world. You could not meet a better man than Bill Gates.
A COMPETITOR OF BILL GATES
Bill Gates has been very successful and become very rich. He is very generous but how has he got his money? He has done this by making sure that no one else will be able to compete with his software. His software is not the best but it is used most widely in the world. When he sees what is needed, he makes a program and produces it quicker than anybody else. That way he gets a large part of the software market. Then he works on improving the software later. He tries hard to stop others making better software. In 1995 the government tried to make things fairer for people like me. The government wanted to make Microsoft into two companies so that neither of them was so strong nor so rich. This meant that they could not stop somebody else making new software. I always wonder how he could get so rich so quickly. Has he done it by fair means? Or has he done it by being a computer bully ?
- 人教版高中英语必修一 Unit 5 Nelson Mandela - a modern hero Workbook Reading task
- 人教版高中英语必修一 Unit 5 Nelson Mandela - a modern hero Workbook Listening task
- 人教版高中英语必修一 Unit 5 Nelson Mandela - a modern hero Workbook Using structures
- 人教版高中英语必修一 Unit 5 Nelson Mandela - a modern hero Workbook Using Words and expressions
- 人教版高中英语必修一 Unit 5 Nelson Mandela - a modern hero Workbook Listening
- 人教版高中英语必修一 Unit 4 Earthquakes Workbook Reading task
- 人教版高中英语必修一 Unit 4 Earthquakes Workbook Listening task
- 人教版高中英语必修一 Unit 4 Earthquakes Workbook Using structures
- 人教版高中英语必修一 Unit 4 Earthquakes Workbook Using Words and expressions
- 人教版高中英语必修一 Unit 4 Earthquakes Workbook Listening
- 人教版高中英语必修一 Unit 3 Travel journal Workbook Reading task
- 人教版高中英语必修一 Unit 3 Travel journal Workbook Listening task